Monday, 3 February 2014

Another beautiful, but chilly day

I managed to get out into the garden again today. This has lifted my spirits (I suffer S.A.D) along with some good news I got yesterday eve. A dog that has been on the run for 2 months was finally caught & after winning a competition I saw the painting of my puppy.

I spent the day in the greenhouse tidying up & moving things around. There were a lot of very big spiders (horrible) to contend with but I got through most of it. The old bread trays have come in very useful & fit perfectly on the shelves of the baby changing unit. Cleaned & swept.

Now it's this time of the year that's great to clean all your pots & posts. Those nasty little plastic things you write on so you remember what you planted are the bane of this. Most of the time I end up throwing them away after I have spent hours with a rubber trying to get the pencil off. Well not today. I found the perfect way to clean them, I just have to share this (you probably all know but I didn't) Well indoors I use a Magic Eraser (Flash & JML) to clean stubborn stains, how stupid have I been. They are not cheap (£1) as they do not last long but they are worth it. Well today I grabbed it & used it to clean the pencil off. OMG!!! It just came off so easily, without rubbing or anything. So I can recommend to any of you that if you find it hard getting off that pencil with a rubber then use a Magic Eraser. You will be laughing at the ease of it (rather like the way I laugh when I use my Cuprinol fence sprayer).

So all in all it's been another good day. I hope your's has been too. I'm still waiting for some snow though.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day. Gardening is very therapeutic - as is the satisfaction of having got something properly cleaned-up! A bit of sunshine over the weekend certainly lifted MY spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use one of those wire wool type pan scrubbers to clean our plant labels and have to be honest and say we just brush out the plant pots - can't face washing them all - we have a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just rince the pots with a bit of disinfectant, it's always been those labels that I have trouble with

      Delete
  3. I'm like Sue and never wash my plant pots...just give them a brush out.

    I use my thumb and spit to clean my labels...only works on the ones that aren't totally smooth though...

    Glad you enjoyed your day...hoping to get some clearing done myself thiss weekend weather permitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have snow we can share! Are you going to post pictures of your changing table make over

    ReplyDelete
  5. firstly, let me say love your new header photo- and like the baby changing idea, perfect. I plan to get out and scrub all my stuff too, fighting that s.a.d. as well, having to dig up half my sprinkly system looking for a leak didn't help. ha! I also have a lot of bulbs that are "very" old. Do you think they will be useful, at least 10 yrs old. found them buried in my gardening cabinet- what do you think? M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they are still hard they should grow, it's the squidgy, mouldy ones that won't.

      Delete
  6. The magic eraser is a good tip. I have a box of them. I need to do some clean up jobs too. I've been putting outdoor tidy ups off but I need to get going with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I get the new camera sorted. The lead still hasn't arrived & I've now had to fill in an E-bay complaint

    ReplyDelete